Friday 12 January 2007

Confession

I wonder if blogs are like new diaries, or New Year resolutions - to be buffed and polished and pored over for the first days of the year, and then left to gather dust.

The major question I'm expecting from Gentle Reader (oh and I so wonder what you're like) is Why? and Why Now?

Why Now? is comparatively easy because it's answered by time on my hands ... as it's now been about a calendar year since I escaped from full-time employment, I should really be "getting round" to things like sorting out my spare bedroom and, eventually, my life. One thing at a time. The spare bedroom's now comparatively tidy but the content of the twenty or so boxes bags and bin-liners I shoved in its cupboards are probably metaphors for my mental baggage.

Two new year's resolutions already achieved - 1. I have successfully sold stuff on eBay and 2. For the first time in a fairly busy adult life, I've been to the clinic. Yes, that clinic. And everything was fine thank you for asking, although it was a bit like "Bless me Father for I have sinned. It has been 33 years since my last confession."

And ironically enough the nurse did have to continue her notes on the back side of the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment